Last year, over 90% of the individuals served by the Tenants Union were low-income BIPOC renters and 59% of our tenant leaders identified as women of color. We invite you to get involved in our fight for housing justice for all.
In 2021 the Tenants Union of Washington State:
- Responded to 2,090 tenant hotline calls and worked with over 150 tenant leaders statewide.
- Provided emergency services to Native communities and low-income tenants impacted by wildfires
- Developed tenant leadership by providing multi-lingual education to over 1,400 renters while expanding tenant organizing in undocumented communities.
- Built on the leadership and wins of bi-lingual Latinx Burien tenants (2019) and organized for the passage of the statewide Just Cause bill, winning a 40 year fight!
- Won victories in Spokane, Seattle, Burien, and Kent, reducing evictions and improving housing conditions.